Code of Best Practice in Youth Sport
The GAA recently launched an online version of Our Games – Our Code, the joint Code of Best Practice in Youth Sport. This Code has been agreed between the GAA, the Ladies Gaelic Football Association, the Camogie Association, GAA Handball Ireland and the Rounders Council of Ireland. The Code replaces all previous Codes and is a mandatory Code of Best Practice for all Gaelic Games Associations in our work with underage players. It is a comprehensive good practice guidance publication and we are anxious that as many players, coaches, parents and other Club personnel have immediate access to its contents.
Round Towers Lusk GAA club is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for all young people who wish to participate in our Gaelic Games and activities. We will take all practicable steps to protect them from discernable forms of abuse, from harm, discrimination or degrading treatment and shall respect their rights, wishes and feelings.
We do this by:
- Recognising that all children have the right to be protected from harm.
- Ensuring that all of our coaches and volunteers are carefully recruited and selected and that they accept responsibility for ensuring the well-being of children in their care.
- Responding swiftly and appropriately to protect the welfare of children who participate in our games and related activities.
- Providing parents and children with the opportunity to voice any concerns that they may have.
- Ensuring that all allegations of abuse of young people are confidentially dealt with in accordance the Association’s Guidelines for Dealing with Allegations of Abuse (Fourth Edition 2009) and with statutory guidelines and relevant legislation.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of our club Child Protection procedures and policies on an ongoing basis.
- Ensuring that members, coaches, team mentors, administrators, parents/guardians and spectators sign up to and adhere to our Code of Behaviour.
- Kevin Niall and Liz Power
Garda Vetting Forms
You will find below the Garda Vetting Form which needs to be completed by anyone who has any involvement with children in the Club. There is also Information and a Questions & Answers leaflets relating to Garda Vetting.