Schools

Round Towers Lusk GAA Club Games Promotion officer Info

Schools

James plays a very important role in the club/school link. As part of the Dublin Strategic Plan 2011-2017 The Blue Wave, the primary role of the GPO is to deliver a full programme of GAA Games promoting Gaelic Football, Hurling, Ladies Football, Athletic Development and Handball working with Junior Infants up to Sixth Class children in all schools

The work carried out by James play’s a key role in promoting the club around the local community and Dublin and helps educate children while playing GAA etc

James also assists where necessary in helping with Schools teams setting up training programmes, Co-ordinating Blitz’s & After School programmes, from Junior Infants to 6th Class

Lusk National School

Lusk National SchoolLNS has a total of 720 children in the school. The school also has a number of teams competing in both Gaelic Football, Hurling and Ladies Football.

  • Senior Boys (Football)
  • Senior Boys (Hurling)
  • Junior Boys (Football)
  • Junior Girls (Football)

Lusk National School was originally located beside the church of St. MacCullins. Over time, the small school became insufficient for the needs of the community. In 1955, a new four teacher, four classroom school was built at its current location on Chapel Road. In 1971, the extension of the school began.

The school is now a 24 classroom establishment, and continues to grow and welcome a new generation of children from the community.

www.lusknationalschool.org

 

Corduff National School

Corduff National SchoolCorduff National School has a total of 113 children in the school and has a number of teams competing in the Fingal League

  • Senior Boys (Football)
  • Senior Girls (Football)

The school is situated along the busy R132 road, formerly the N1 road to Belfast. It has traditionally served a rural catchment area in Lusk parish but is adjacent to a growing urban area.

The original school was built in 1844. The old school was on the lane which is still called Schoolhouse Lane, situated about 100 metres south of the present school. It was built on his own property by William Hanna, Corduff House. The building itself was a one room single-storey structure. By 1851, there were 38 males and 76 females on the rolls.

In 1900, the Parish Priest of Lusk, Fr Heffernan, became the Manager and he set about planning for a new school in the area.

In 1906, the pupils in Corduff moved from the old school in Corduff to their brand new building. The school was ready for use in 1906 and the teacher’s residence at the rear of the school was ready in 1908.

It is worth noting that the Irish patriot Thomas Ashe was Principal at Corduff from 1908 to 1916. (Thomas Ashe) Founder of Round Towers Lusk GAA Club

corduffns.scoilnet.ie

 

Rush and Lusk Educate Together

R.A.L.E.T has a total of 244 children in the school. The school continues to grow from strength to strength and will hopefully field a GAA team in 2013

Educate Together is the representative organisation of the Educate Together schools and associations throughout the Republic of Ireland. It owes its origins to the movement to establish new multi-denominational primary schools, which emerged in the late 1970s and early 1980s.